WOW, where do I even start. Well this weekend we went to St. Johns for our good friend Ammon's benefit basketball tournament. We really had a lot of fun spending time with family and friends. Friday night we went to Snowflake to hang out with our good friends and had a blast. Thank you Shanda and Jason for having all of us over(until 2am). We sure miss all our friends, we used to hang out with every single weekend, until wee hours of the morning. Sat. we spent almost the whole day at the high school for the tournament, and then went to the park with my sister-in-law Emily, Jaymi, Dallas and their two cute girls!!! Then that night we went over to the Greer's and played scum, and mafia. We had a blast!!!
Once we got back from SJ, I knew I had a busy week ahead of me. This was my last week of coaching until September. I had all the parents come watch their girls and then a huge end of the year pizza party. I really wanted to get the spotting belt (for the tramp) done for the pizza party so the girls would get excited about it for next year. (Oh ya..by the way if you know of anyone who wants to take tumbling give them my number...I coach girls 6 and up). Well with the hard work of my dad, Johnny and brothers, it got done!!! Thanks dad!! Well it was the highlight of the year I think. The girls had a blast and as you can see so did my family and my brothers friends. Oh ya, I forgot to mention....I set up the backyard for the party wed. during the day for the party wed. night. Well at about 3:30 Carly, Che and I were sitting on my living room floor when all of a sudden I heard a big noise, the room got darker, and KABOOM.....the canopy I set up came smashing through my family room window. Let me just tell you, it was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. I am not even joking, I thought there was a tornado or something because it happened out of nowhere. The glass missed Carly and I by not even a foot. The scary thing is, Carly was in her swing not even 5 min. prior, and when I looked in the swing, glass was shattered everywhere. Thank goodness for my dad who lives 17 doors down. I called him and he was there within seconds.
Well last but not least it was my dads 52nd birthday on Monday. Let me just tell you a little something about my dad. He is my hero!!!! Really, he truly is one of my best friends!!! If you looked at my dad people might think he is a tough guy, but anyone who knows him knows he is a teddy bear. I do not know one person who has met my dad that does not just fall in love with him and the person he is. He would do anything for anyone especially when it comes to his kids. My dad has helped me with so many things I couldn't even count them. Dad I hope you really know how much I love you and appreciate all that you do for me and my family. Love you mostest to the toastest.Us just playing aroundScott Cook(my brothers friend) My brother Jacob, and Carly!Carly and Uncle Jacob, they were jumping on the tramp!
My dad being the spotter! (please excuse the mess this was after the party)
My little brother being goofy!
Me being a dork!This is a picture of some of my girls at the pizza party. When I remembered to take pictures more then half the girls had already left. Oh well!
Just a picture of the finished product!
1 year ago
22 comments:
Jamie, how scary for that window to break. I am so glad Carly was away from it all. I want to come try out your spotting belt SO BAD!! How fun!! Hope to talk to you again soon.
Matt works with Ammon's brother Taylor. They said the basketball tournament went great! That was a really long post! Sorry about your window!
Wow. . . so much done in such little time. What a week you had. Sounds like the b-ball tournament was a great success. You guys are such good friends! I LOVE all the pics and that little Carly. . . oh I could eat her up. I'm so game to go shopping next week. I'm already excited! Let me know what days are good for you. The spotting belt turned out awesome. It makes me want to come play. . . I'm being serious :) I'm so sorry about your window.
wow jam, youve been busy lately! thats fun that you have accomplished so much. congrats. and im glad you and carly are ok. how scary.
Jamie, glad to hear you are both ok after the window, thank God you were far enough away from it that it didn't get you.
I'll email you with how I held the diapers together and how I made the cake, people are going to read that and wonder what I'm talking about! Love you girl!
Wow! What a week! You are one busy girl! I can’t believe that your canopy fell and broke that huge window! I would have been so scared too! Good thing you guys didn’t get hurt. That pizza party looks like it was a blast! That is so fun that you have a tramp and a spotting belt in your backyard! I am sure your girls LOVE you as a coach. Your dad is so sweet, I am sure he loved reading what you wrote about him. You are the best Jamie!
Looks like the spotting belt is a blast! You always have something fun going on. I love the close up picture of Carly in the swing. She is as cute as can be. Also, tell Scott I said hey next time you see him! We were friends in the ward growing up and I haven't seen him forever.
How come we never had a cheer party at your house? That looks like so much fun!
Busy, busy, busy! You look like you're having fun though:)! I would be so scared about the window! Glad you & Carly are both okay.
You have such a great family, I love to see all the pictures and hear about the exciting things you guys do.
Are you kidding me that that thing came through your window. That would make me so mad and to think how close it was to you guys. All I can say is Lucky! You guys are so much fun, that bouncy thing is awesome, is it in your backyard all the time? Looks like you all had a blast
Oh my heck! How scary!! You're spotting belt looks so fun. I loved gymnastics!! Love all your pictures. You guys sure are social butterflies! :) Wears me out-your activities in one week!
I love all the pictures! I miss your family to pieces. We need to come over sometime! I can't believe that your window broke. That is so scary! Carly is so cute!
Holy Cow- How scary it would be to have that crashing through the window. Glad someone was watching over Carly! Good old Scott Cook! YOu will have to tell him that I say hello! Again, way cute pics of Carly!
That trampaline looks so fun! Glad you guys didn't get hurt with the window, sorry we missed you when you were here--let me know about camping!
Jamie I didnt know you taught gymnastics, that sounds like so much fun. You guys always look so happy! Carly is so cute too! How is Dallas doing?
WHAT A BLAST JAMIE! it's been fun reading all of this info and seein what you're up to! SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST!
okay so it's been almost 2 weeks since you've posted and I want to see pictures of that baby! WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE!
Jamie! I just wanted to tell you that everytime I hear your dog, I think it's one of my kids waking up early from their naps! It makes me laugh. It was nice running into you on Saturday. We need to more often. :)
Hey Jaime, Presley was in swim lessons with Gavin, I forget her name but she says her husband works for your dad. Sounds like you have had a pretty busy life recently.
Looks like it was a good week even though it was really busy. I'm glad no major damage was caused by the collapsing canopy. Things like that are so scary!
You have so many posts this will probably go unnoticed, but thought I would say, your girly is such a cutie pie. Geez, I am jealous, I love my two boys, but girls are just fun!! Good luck with the Teething, Tate just got his top molars in and a couple more bottoms, hopefully sooner then later, I wont feel so tired. We need to get together sometime, really I can be as cool as Nikki promise. Tell Johnny Happy Fathers Day!
Post a Comment