Tuesday, December 30, 2008

9 DIFFERENT POSTS

OK so I have a lot of pictures to post and I wanted to give a little update on what has been going on in the Hammond home. We have all been busy going to Christmas party's and enjoying the wonderful weather. Brody had his 9 month check up and had to get just one shot. He didn't even cry...it was so weird. Good for him, and good for me. He is now in the 50% in height and weight with a big mellon(75%). He weighed 20pds 8 ounces and I think he was 28 1/2 inches long but not sure I will have to check on that. He is getting 5 teeth right now so he has not been feeling good at all. My normal happy smiley baby has been grumpy and sad. I feel so bad...plus I AM SO TIRED!!! He has a hard time falling asleep so I have been taking him for car rides. For some reason that helps him fall asleep. He LOVES to follow Carly and try to be big like her. The other day Carly was laying on the couch and Brody was standing up pulling on her pillow, and he pulled her off the couch. They both thought that was so funny!!! They sure are the best little friends. Brody eats like a champ and LOVES just about anything we give him. Carly is definitely a two year old. She has been having her fun little terrible two moments, but then 2 min. later she is sweet as pie. She for sure got the stubborn trait from Johnny....OK maybe from me too but we wont talk about that hehehe. She loves to go on rides in the car, and always wants to go to the store. Every morning after I get her ready she says "ride in car and go to store". She is so funny. She loves to go to target and eat popcorn and have her very own drink. She is talking SO much now. Full sentences and all. It is so fun to see what she comes up with. She also loves to point at just about everything and tell us what it is. She loves to sing songs too. Johnny and I are amazed at how fast she picks up words and memorizes things. She started singing "jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way" and "Santa clause is coming to town". We had no idea she knew that. SO FUN!!! My favorite is when it is time to go to bed, she will want something so she goes to the door and lays on her belly so she can talk through the bottom of the door and she yells out..."daddy where are you"! SO FUNNY.
Well Christmas was SO much fun!!! We woke up and opened presents for hours because the kids would open one present and want to play with it so we would just let them until they wanted to open another. Sun. before Christmas we went to my Aunt and Uncles house on my moms side of the family and it was so fun to see all my cousins with their cute kids. There is now 93 of us and more on the way. Pretty crazy. Then Christmas evening we had Christmas dinner at my parents house with some of the Nelson side. That was SO much fun too. I love family and I love the true meaning of Christmas!!! Well tomorrow I am getting my tonsils out....WISH ME LUCK! I am so so scared. They said it is a two week recovery time. We will see about that! I am sure there is more that I have forgotten but it is getting late (2:49am) to be exact...so I better finish for now. Thank you all for your amazing friendship.

5 comments:

Taylor said...

I love how it is all or nothing with your blog. If you have one post you have like 10! It's fun to see all your pics of your cute family. Hope your tonsil surgery went well and if you need any help with dinners, watching kids, grocery shopping, etc... please ask - I would love to help!

Jessica said...

I loved all your new posts! Thanks for taking the time to put all those pictures online and write so much for us to read. You have such a great blog! Please give the kids a kiss for me and tell Johnny that I think about him and miss him often (even though it's been 7 years since we saw each other, lol!) Keep 'em coming!

Jaime said...

Hope you are fairing well with your little surgery! Happy New Year!

Durfee Family said...

Jamie, I hope your surgery goes well! NO FUN! Let me know if you need anything! We're here! Diane

Jenni Sue said...

I love the pj pic in your header. So cute. I hope you're recovering okay from getting your tonsils out. And I hope Brody starts letting you get some rest!