Tuesday, November 18, 2008

FOR THE RECORD

Carly thinking this was all fun & games until it was actually time to go to bed!

My Mom trying to convince Carly it was time to go to bed in her nice comfortable bed (yea, my Mom looks real comfortable)!


OK so today has been one crazy day...actually technically it would be yesterday since I am sitting her and it is 12:09AM. I have been doing my "spring"(winter)cleaning so my whole house it torn apart. Well I had to run some errands this morning so I got back a little later then the normal 1pm nap time. The kids were being good still so I just decided to let them hang out while I was going through my clothes. Well they both started to get a little grumpy so I decided it was a good time to put them down for their naps. I put Carly down first with our normal routine of turning on Caillou, giving her her water and then singing her her songs. Well Brody started to cry in his bed after a few min. so I went to check on him. Once I calmed him down I turn around and out walks Carly. SHE CLIMBED OUT OF HER CRIB!!!! I have been dreading this day forever and it happened. I thought just maybe she only did it that one time and wouldn't try it again. Well I put her back in her bed and before I could even turn around she had climbed over and out and ran out her door. CRAZY GIRL!!! She is so funny. I have to admit I thought it was quite funny at first and NOW I am kinda freaking out because I know how hard it is going to be at nap time and bad time now. I then tried to put make her a little bed on the floor so she could at least take a nap. So I lay her down and .2 seconds later...SHE OPENED THE DOOR. (Our door handles are the round ones so they are really hard for her to open). Yes so in one day she learned how to climb out of her crib, and open the door!!!! So I tried and I tried and I tried to get her to take a nap and she just was not having it. I finally gave up and decided to turn her crib into her toddler bed. Johnny had school after work and I knew he wouldn't be home until 9:45 so I decided to do it myself. So tonight Carly is sleeping in her BIG BED all by herself. She had a little bit of a hard time so I laid by her and sang to her and she was asleep with in two min. I know it wasn't too bad tonight because she was so so tired from not getting a nap. BUT I am a little worried how nap time will go tomorrow!!! AH wish me luck

Well Brody boy is growing like a weed. He is crawling ALL OVER the place and loves it. He has been really restless the last week or so and I couldn't figure out why....well yup you guessed it. He is getting his first tooth. Poor guy. I feel so bad for him. Hopefully good ol Tylenol will help. Well I better get some sleep. I have LOTS going on tomorrow.

P.S. I have LOTS of pictures to post. We had a blast in SJ this weekend and I have some fun random pic. to post. HOPEFULLY SOON!!!

4 comments:

Bailey said...

Sorry you're dealing with this..it's the WORST! but it gets better, I promise! they learn to stay in their beds.

Meagan Rogers said...

Wow Brooklyn made that discovery yesterday too! We are on the same schedule I guess. Fortunately she has a toddler bed in her room and she thought that was so cool I let her sleep on it yesterday. Good luck with the transition!

Smith Family said...

I have been wondering when to put Felicity in a BIG bed- she likes her crib still, but when her new sister arrives- we are not so sure about having two cribs in the same room!! Oh the decisions! You have a smart little girl on your hands to be climbing out of her crib and opening doors within the same day! Her bedding is adorable! Let me know how it goes with her sleeping in her new bed!

tiffany knox said...

cant wait for the pictures. I wish I lived close because my kids would love tumbling. I am glad to see your family updates and I hate when they learn to climb out of their crib. its all part of the drill...